Friday, December 17, 2010

That was uncalled for.

You'll learn soon enough through my stories that I've had a variety of random jobs, I just remember this story pretty distinctly because I think in the end I started to feel more sorry for the other person involved more than anything.


I used to work at a video game store x-number of years ago, and the current manager on duty at the time was Dave. Dave's pretty awesome but maybe not the brightest crayon in the box. (I'm kidding, I'm kidding, he's like a crazy neon crayon color.)

We were working together one night and the store was quite empty. It's a relatively small store with several tall shelves and moveable racks of video games everywhere on the floor. He was doing manager-type duties at the registers while I was putting away games on a low rack in between two shelves.



There was a customer standing next to me looking at games while I was shelving them away, and quietly, but audibly...

Pretty much right on my head.


I wasn't sure if he noticed but I casually stood up and walked away back to the register to tell Dave the news, but in the lowest voice I could because he was still in the store.


But apparently Dave's line of vision didn't see the customer I knew that existed, because the video game racks were so tall... then he came 'round to purchase a game...





He probably went home and cried. I hope you're happy.


1 comment:

  1. Dude! That happened to me once at work. It's not the most enjoyable experience ever, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete